Fuqua offers two ways to interview:
1. During the Open Interview Period
All applicants, regardless of the round in which you intend to apply, are eligible to interview during the Open Interview Period. A completed application is not required to interview during the Open Interview Period, but you must have started an application and have completed the biographical information. Once you have completed your biographical information, you can access the interview and campus visit schedules to select your date. Interviews during the Open Interview Period are on a first come, first served basis, and may be done in person at our Durham campus, or virtually via Zoom.
On-Campus Open Interview Period Fast Facts:
- When: September 10 – October 14, 2022
- Where: Durham, NC
- How: Sign up through the online application, select the date for your on-campus interview, and choose from a menu of other activities you may want to join during your visit, such as an admissions session, student panel, or class visit.
Virtual Open Interview Period Fast Facts:
- When: August 24 – September 16, 2022
- Where: Virtually
- How: Sign up through the online application, and be sure you complete the mailing address section so we can match you with an interviewer in a similar time zone. You will not be asked to select a specific date for a virtual interview; rather, you will be introduced to your interviewer via email in mid-August, and together you and your interviewer can find a mutually convenient date and time to meet. You must complete your interview no later than September 16.
If your interview is not conducted during the Open Interview Period, your interview will be scheduled by invitation only. For an invitation-only interview, you must first submit your completed application for review by the Admissions Committee. Interview decisions will be made after a review of all submitted applications for a given round have been received, and applicants will be notified via email of their interview decision. An interview decision is not a final decision on your application. Additional details on interviews by invitation can be found in the next section.
To learn more about Team Fuqua, we encourage you to also sign up for activities offered through our campus visit program.
2. Interview by invitation
If you do not interview during the Open Interview Period, you will only be able to interview if invited to do so. Invitations are extended based on a thorough evaluation of your completed application. If invited, you will be interviewed during the interview period that corresponds to your application round.
Interview by Invitation Fast Facts:
Interviews by invitation are conducted in each application round by staff, alumni, and Admissionis Fellows (select second-year MBA students).
- When: Interview decisions are sent on published dates for each round
- Where: Applicants may choose to interview on campus in Durham, in person at one of our off-campus interview locations, or virtually.
Interviews during the Diversity events, which are invitation-only interviews, will be conducted in person during the event.
Interviews are conducted by staff, alumni, and Admissions Fellows, a select group of second year students. All interviews are valued equally, regardless of who conducts your interview or the type of interview (in-person or virtual). As you prepare for your interview, please be aware that your interviewer will only have access to your resume and will not have read your application.