This is your chance to tell us why you think Kellogg is the right place for you. As you get started, remind yourself of the experiences that led you here and how they have shaped where you want to go.
Write your essays in your program of choice, but we ask that you please copy and paste them from Notepad (PC) or TextEdit (Mac) to ensure the proper formatting is saved with your application.
Kellogg’s purpose is to educate, equip and inspire leaders who create lasting value. Provide a recent example where you have demonstrated leadership and created value. What challenges did you face and what did you learn? (textbox, 450 words)
Values are what guide us in our life and work. What values are important to you and how have they influenced you? (textbox, 450 words)
If needed, use this section to briefly describe any extenuating circumstances (e.g. unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, inconsistent or questionable academic performance, etc.). (textbox, 280 words)
We’ve read your essays, we’ve read your resume — now we want you to bring all that to life in a video. Show us the person behind all those carefully crafted words. The video will be comprised of three questions, each designed to help you showcase your personality and share some of the experiences that brought you here today.
While they are an optional component of the application, we find these videos to be a great opportunity for you to tell us more about your story, experiences and why Kellogg is the right place for you.
Here are some things to keep in mind as you prepare to complete this section:
- Video essays are due 96 hours after the application deadline
- A video essay link will appear on your application status page after you submit your application and payment
- You will need an internet-connected computer with a webcam and microphone
- The video should take about 20-25 minutes to complete, which includes time for setup
After submitting your application and payment, you will be able to access the video essay through your application status page. You will be asked to answer three questions:
Video essay 1: Please introduce yourself to the admissions committee.
– Consider this your opportunity to share what you would want your future Kellogg classmates and our admissions committee to know about you. What makes you, you?
Video essay 2: What path are you interested in pursuing, how will you get there, and why is this program right for you?
– This is an intentionally broad question so you can answer honestly and meaningfully. We want to know why you’re pursuing an MBA and why you’re choosing a particular Kellogg Full-Time Program.
Video essay 3: This question will be based on a challenge you’ve faced and what you’ve learned from it.
Here are some additional tips:
- There are practice questions that you may complete as many times as you like to get comfortable with the format and technology. The practice questions and experience will simulate the actual video essay experience, so this is meant to be a useful tool to help you feel prepared.
- We encourage you to practice so you are comfortable with the format once it is time to complete the official questions. You will not have an opportunity to re-do the answer to the official video essay questions.
- You will have 20 seconds to think about the question and up to one minute to give your response.
Certain applicants will respond to additional questions:
One-Year applicants: Please discuss your post-MBA career goal, the current experience you will leverage to support the transition, and the Kellogg One-Year MBA opportunities that will help you reach this goal. (250 words)
MBAi applicants: The Kellogg McCormick MBAi Program is designed to train the next generation of leaders who can help businesses deliver successful outcomes through AI-driven technology. Tell us about your firsthand experience with this disconnect between business and technology and how MBAi will prepare you to successfully lead businesses at the intersection. (450 words)
MMM applicants: The five core values of the MMM Program are curiosity, creativity, empathy, open-mindedness and a learning mindset. Describe a situation in which you demonstrated one of these values. Why is this value an important part of the MMM experience for you? (250 words)
JD-MBA applicants: Please discuss your post-JD-MBA career goals and why the JD-MBA Program is the right program to help you reach those goals. (250 words)
Reapplicants: Since your previous application, what steps have you taken to strengthen your candidacy? (250 words)
ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS FROM THE ONLINE APPLICATION
Employments history – Career goals
Please tell us about your career goals. You’ll also have the opportunity to expand on this in other parts of the evaluation process.
- Industry desired after Kellogg (select)
- Functional area desired after Kellogg (select)
- What has been your most significant career accomplishment? (textbox, 240 characters)
- What is your short-term career goal? (textbox, 150 characters)
- What is your long-term career goal? (textbox, 150 characters)
- What drives your interest in these short- and long-term goals? (textbox, 240 characters)
Share your accomplishments
- For each award – description: (textbox)
- For each activity – Description of Participation (100 character limit)
- For each experience – Purpose (textbox)
Jobs or work-study programs
- Brief description of employment (textbox, 200 characters)