Your candidacy will be stronger if your recommender prepares a specific recommendation for each university and answers each university’s specific recommendation questions. As part of our MBA application assistance, your MBA admission consultant will interview your recommenders and write an effective recommendation sample for each school and each recommender (in the cases where this is ethically acceptable).
How to send a recommendation?
Enter your recommender’s name and email address into the university’s online application system. Subsequently, your recommender will receive an email containing instructions on how to write the recommendation. Alternatively, some universities allow sending hard copy recommendations. Please review the exact instructions on the admissions page of the relevant university website.
Recommendation Creation Stages
Let’s assume you’ve selected Steve as one of your recommenders.
- You are applying to X (number of) universities.
- Each school asks specific questions on its recommendation form. Therefore, it is required to write a separate recommendation for each university.
- Each recommendation is normally 2-5 pages long.
b. You will introduce him to your MBA admission consultant, who will interview him and then write the recommendation on his behalf.
If Steve chooses option b, ask him to contact your ARINGO MBA application consultant (or ask your consultant to contact him). The consultant will interview Steve and then prepare recommendation drafts. Your MBA admission consultant will follow the ARINGO guidelines in preparing effective MBA recommendations for the top schools.
If Steve chooses option a, continue the process as described below.
It is recommended that you first choose a school that does not limit the number of words for recommendations. This way, it will be easier and faster to prepare recommendation examples for the next schools.
- The interview will be more efficient if you consider in advance what your professional weaknesses are. These are usually the “toughest nut to crack.” What might Steve say? Which weakness would be most credible (based on your relationship), portray you accurately and truthfully, and present you relatively positively? Prepare several options and present them to your application consultant.
- In addition, in order to prepare for the recommendation interview with your consultant, review the school’s recommendation questions (if you don’t have them, ask your consultant to send them to you). Think about possible answers. The more prepared you are for your recommendation interview, the more efficient the process will be.