Business Analytics Masters Degrees
Masters programs in Business Analytics teach students business related created data analysis, as well as how one can apply the insights and results from business analytics into real business settings. These skills are increasingly important today as the business world is becoming more data-driven and analytical day by day, making a business analytics degree a worthwhile investment for many students, regardless of their previous experience and academic degree. The value of the data degree is studying subjects covered in an MBA — finance, accounting, marketing, human resources — but from a data-driven perspective.
Some of the top programs for a MS in Business Analytics worldwide include:
The MIT Sloan School of Management, with support and leadership from the MIT Operations Research Center, introduces a new, specialized one-year Master of Business Analytics program designed to prepare students for careers in business analytics.
The program is tailored for current students who will graduate by fall 2017 or recent college graduates who plan to pursue a career in the data science industry, as well as those seeking career advancement or change, especially engineers, mathematicians, physicists, computer programmers, and other high-tech professionals.
The program answers the industry’s demand for a skilled pool of graduates who can apply data science to solve business challenges. With the addition of this program, MIT now offers an analytics degree at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels.
The rigor of the MIT Sloan Master of Business Analytics program prepares students for careers that apply and manage modern data science to solve critical business challenges. The curriculum consists of five required fundamental subjects, one required summer capstone experience, one required project class, six three-hour modules, one pro-seminar, and a minimum of three focused electives. The schedule of the program is as follows:
62% Male 38% Female
Work Experience 0-2 years
Median GPA 3.9
Each applicant is measured on his or her academic and professional accomplishments. Applicants are eligible to apply to the Master of Business Analytics program if they have a bachelor’s degree or will have completed one by July 2017. Students with a three-year bachelor’s degree from an international university are also eligible to apply.
A complete Master of Business Analytics application consists of the following:
Letters of Recommendation
Academic Records (transcripts)
Columbia University’s new Master of Science in Applied Analytics empowers you to assess the application of an organization’s data and analytics. You will learn how to define and frame analytical problems, how to decide which data are collected and what analyses should be performed, and how to communicate and work with analysts on solutions that are technically sound as well as valuable to the organization.
Available part-time and full-time, the program is anchored by three week-long courses on Columbia’s campus in New York City that feature networking, group exercises, and guest lecturers. Between these courses, you will complete additional coursework on campus or online through a networked learning platform. For your final capstone project, you will apply your knowledge to develop a real-world analytics project sponsored by a leading organization. The program has spring and fall intakes.
The program consists of required courses in two core areas. The Leadership, Management, and Communication Core develops an enterprise-wide perspective on data and the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to inspire, create, and foster an analytical culture within an organization. The Applied Analytics Core develops a broad understanding of the frameworks for the use of data to inform real-life business problems from data collection to application in decision-making. This core introduces you to the methods and range of tools and systems that organizations use to conceptualize, collect, manage, and analyze data to produce information to make it actionable across their enterprise.
Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
Cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or better
Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and leadership skills
Completed online application form
Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
Two letters of recommendation
Statement of academic purpose (500 words or fewer)
Optional: Official scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general test or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
Supplemental essay (250 words or fewer)
Students whose native language is not English must include proof of English proficiency.
This 10-month program provides training in analytics and communication, all within a specific business context — finance, marketing, forensics or strategy.
MQM is a STEM-designated program giving international students a total of 36 months to gain work experience in the U.S.
Start date: July
Program duration: ~10 months
Number of courses: 19
Extensive recruiting & career programming
$125 Application Fee (waivers available)
Program Tuition: $65,000
Certificate of Research Tuition: $32,500
Scholarships & loans available
- Support and recruitment from industry leaders like Walmart and Deloitte Consulting
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) certification hosted at one of the nation’s top business schools
- Incredible networking opportunities and industry connections
- A career development team with an outstanding record for helping students achieve post-graduate success
Average GPA 3.61
Average GMAT 719
Class size 53
Student with work experience 58%
Men 47% Women 53%
The Texas MSBA program enrolls one class per year, in the Summer Semester (July intake).
All applicants must submit official GRE or GMAT scores that are less than five years old. We do not waive this requirement for applicants with work experience.
International students must also submit an official report of the TOEFL or IELTS with scores no older than two years. If you obtained your bachelor’s degree in the U.S. or other English-speaking country, we may request expired TOEFL or IELTS score for review.
Admission to the full-time program is selective. We will not review incomplete applications. Qualified applicants should meet the following criteria:
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Mathematical aptitude and quantitative and/or technical training in coursework
- Strong communication skills and motivation
- Upper-division GPA of 3.0 or higher
- No work experience required, though students with work, leadership, and/or professional development experience are encouraged to apply
Your Completed MSBA Application Must Include
- Your Resume
- Transcripts (submit a scanned [PDF] transcript for each college that you have attended)
- Three Letters of Reference
- Answers to Three Essay Questions
- Official GRE or GMAT Score
- The Educational Testing Service institution code for the GRE and TOEFL is 6882
- The institutional code for the GMAT is 396-44-45
- TOEFL or IELTS Score (international applicants)
The Master’s in Business Analytics program at the Carlson School teaches students how to extract insights with creative data analysis, and then apply the results in real business settings. Students graduate with a unique combination of data science skills and business acumen to lead in an increasingly data-driven world. This is a rigorous one-year program designed for recent college graduates and early-career professionals who wish to study full time.
The full-time program begins only in June (Summer) term. The school also offers a Part-Time MSBA and a dual MBA-MSBA degree.
Who Should Apply?
Recent graduates and early-career professionals with analytical backgrounds are eligible for the program. Ideal candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Recently completed undergraduate study in economics, mathematics, engineering, business, computer science, statistics, or related field is preferred, but not required
- Demonstrates aptitude for excelling in a demanding academic setting
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer programming is required
- At least one-semester college level calculus course with a grade “C” or better required
- Work experience is not required, but strongly preferred
Average GMAT 689
Average GRE 318
Average GPA 3.58
Average age 26
Average work experience 2.5 years
The one-year Master of Science in Analytics is an interdisciplinary degree program that leverages the strengths of Georgia Tech in statistics, operations research, computing, and business. Graduates will learn to integrate skills in a unique and interdisciplinary way that yields deep insights into analytics problems.
The Master of Science in Analytics is an interdisciplinary program that combines statistics, operations research, computing, and business by melding the world-class expertise of the College of Engineering’s Stewart School of Industrial & Systems Engineering, the College of Computing’s School of Computational Science and Engineering, and the Scheller College of Business. By combining the strengths of these nationally ranked programs, graduates will be afforded the opportunity to integrate analytic skills in a unique and interdisciplinary way that yields deep insights into analytics problems.
Analytics is defined as “the scientific process of transforming data into insight for making better decisions.” Tying together the new opportunities made possible by big data and computing, advanced quantitative methods from statistics and operations research, and the need for better business intelligence and decision support, analytics has quickly become a key facet of business strategy The MS Analytics program’s graduates will be able to move directly into business, industry, and government positions where they can apply the practical knowledge they have gained to immediately benefit their employers.
Students earning the MS Analytics degree will be able to understand and integrate fundamental principles and advanced concepts across the core analytics disciplines of computing, statistics, operations research, and business. Trained by world-class faculty in all of these areas, students will learn
- identification and framing of problems;
- acquisition, management, and utilization of large and fast-moving streams of data;
- creation, analysis, solution, and interpretation of mathematical models using appropriate methodology; and
- the integration of these interdisciplinary skills to enable graduates to successfully develop and execute analytics projects.
In addition to an integrated breadth of study covering the core areas of analytics, students will satisfy one of the specialized tracks to give them depth in an analytics area of specialization:
Analytical Tools Track
The Analytical Tools track provides students with a greater understanding of the quantitative methodology of analytics: how to select, build, solve, and analyze models using methodology such as parametric and non-parametric statistics, regression, forecasting, data mining, machine learning, optimization, stochastics, and simulation.
Business Analytics Track
The Business Analytics track provides students with a deeper understanding of the practice of using analytics in business and industry: how to understand, frame, and solve problems in marketing, operations, finance, management of information technology, human resources, and accounting in order to develop and execute analytics projects within businesses.
Computational Data Analytics Track
The Computational Data Analytics track provides students with a deeper understanding of the practice of dealing with so-called “big data”: how to acquire, preprocess, store, manage, analyze, and visualize data arriving at high volume, velocity, and variety
The prerequisites of the MS Analytics program include:
- Interest in analytics, and a high level of ability that has been demonstrated within past performance on appropriate coursework and/or industry experience as well as standardized testing (GRE or GMAT);
- Basic mathematical background – at least one college-level course in each of calculus, and probability and statistics;
- Basic computing background – at least one college-level course (or equivalent basic knowledge) in computer programming using a high-level language (C, C++, Java, Python, FORTRAN, etc.);
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent; and
- Institute requirements for admission to graduate study.
The Master of Information Systems Management (MISM) program was developed from the ground up as a blended business-technology program. Through our program, students will develop better planning, management and technical abilities that focus on the application of technology to create business value.
Unique Features & Benefits
- Top Ranked: US News & World Report ranks CMU’s Heinz College as the #1 graduate school in Information & Technology and Management.
- Exceptional Career Outcomes: Our robust recruiting ecosystem provides career opportunities in Silicon Valley, New York City, and everything in-between. We also have a exceptional reputation amongst our alumni members as well as with corporate recruiters in industries such as consulting, technology, and banking.
- Quantitative management and technology: Our information systems courses offer a unique blend of technology, management, and strategy.
- Experiential learning: We provide opportunities with global organizations to apply IT/business leadership skills in projects, clubs, discussions, and competitions.
- Multiple Options: Students will find several opportunities to pursue a MISM degree at Heinz College:
- Our flagship MISM degree is an accelerated, three-semester, 16-month program that includes significant experiential learning, including a summer internship.
- Our MISM-Business Intelligence and Data Analytics (BIDA) program provides IT management training along with cutting edge business analytics techniques and practices.
- Students with more than three years of professional work experience can forgo the internship and complete the MISM degree in one calendar year.
- Our Global MISM four-semester program offers a once in a lifetime year in Adelaide, Australia and 2nd year in our main campus in Pittsburgh. Compared with the other three MISM programs, Global MISM provides a chance to take more electives or a lighter course load.
- Access to other CMU Schools: Our curriculum gives the students an option to take courses at CMU’s highly ranked School of Computer Science and the Tepper School of Business.
The Master of Information Systems Management degree program is a pragmatic, problem-solving oriented program that combines information technology practices with business practices. Through our program, you’ll develop better planning, management and technical abilities necessary for leading a thriving organization in today’s complex, digital world.
For applicants with over three years of professional work experience, the one-year, May to May program is designed to position you for a fast-track career as a business technologist. This extensive three semester program is professionally focused with the end-game being a superior job placement in “corporate America.”
The MISM degree requires you to demonstrate proficiency in technology management, IT Strategy, and fundamental business skills.
MISM One-Year Track Degree Requirements
- 180 units of coursework which is the equivalent of 15 semester-length courses are to be completed in three semesters.
- A team-based project course in your area of interest with an external client.
- An overall grade point average of 3.0.
MISM One-Year Track Course Requirements
The required courses are designed to build core competencies in integrating technology management with business expertise with courses ranging from Economic for IT to Object Oriented Programming in Java. As a student in the MISM program, you also have the flexibility to choose from a range of challenging elective courses designed to help you excel in an increasingly digital world.
Students in the one-year, 16-month and 21-month track complete the same course requirements.
Students with less than three years of work experience will need to apply to the 16-Month track and complete the degree requirements with three semesters of coursework and a summer internship. Students in this track begin the program at the end of August and complete the program in December extending the program to sixteen months.
Which version of MISM is best for you?
The fast-paced 12-month track (May to May) is for students with over three years professional work experience prior to the start of the program. 100% of our admitted students to the one-year track have relevant work experience and all have a passion for the application of technology in business. The one-year, May to May track is designed to position you for a fast-track career as a business technologist. MISM Application requirements.
The 16-month track is for applicants who will have less than three years of professional work experience at the start of the program. Students with less than three years of work experience at the start of the program perform a summer internship and complete the program in 16 months (mid- August through the following December).Over 60% of our admitted students in the 16-month track have relevant work experience. MISM Application requirements.
Global MISM 21-Month Track
The MISM program offers a 4-semester program for students who want a global perspective infused in their MISM experience. The 21-month track offers students the chance to spend their first two semesters of study at Heinz’s Adelaide campus, complete a summer internship (in Australia or the student’s home country), and study for their final two semesters at our Pittsburgh campus. Over 70% of our admitted students in the 21-month track have relevant work experience. MISM Application requirements.
MISM Degree with Concentration in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics (BIDA)
The MISM program offers a 3-semester (16-month) option for students who want to focus their studies on predictive modeling, GIS mapping, analytical reporting, segmentation analysis, and data visualization. Over 70% of our admitted students in the BIDA concentration have relevant work experience
Class size 296
Average GPA 3.5
50% of students have GMAT scores between 660-720, GRE verbal between 151-158 and GRE quantitative between 161-167
The online MSBA is a new program with a first cohort that starts in August 2018. It is geared to individuals with technical backgrounds who want to deepen their analytical skills and move into senior business analyst positions. Online MSBA students have varying levels of professional work experience and may have little or no background in business or analytics. They typically relish the challenge of solving complex problems, are passionate about data, and adept at or intrigued by coding and algorithms.
The Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University has built its online Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) with these primary objectives:
- Provide students with the deep analytical skills, business knowledge and creative problem-solving expertise needed to efficiently and effectively transform data into better decision making and a competitive advantage for their organization.
- Position learners for career advancement — including senior positions at companies in the vanguard of data analytics.
The Master of Science in Business Analytics program is a one year long, part-time program divided into five on-site class sessions (modules) that take place at NYU Stern in New York and in two other rotating global locations.This part-time format reduces the absence from the office to approximately five weeks over the course of the year. Students also complete pre-module and post-module assignments and deliverables done via distance learning outside of the in-class period. This averages 20-25 hours per week of work.
Please note that academic materials (e.g. readings and assignments) will be available in mid-March to admitted students during the pre-module phase. This is meant to help students prepare for the in-class session in May. Students are required to complete all pre-module assignments before May, so please keep this in mind for planning purposes.
Module 1: New York – May 2018 (2 weeks)
Module 2: London – August 2018 (1 week)
Module 3: Shanghai – October 2018 (1 week)
Module 4: New York – March 2019 (1 week)
Module 5: New York – Project Presentation – May 2019 (2 days)*All dates and locations are subject to change.
All classes are instructed in English
Limited to 70.
$74,300 fee for the Class of 2019 includes tuition, course materials, some meals and official events. Hotel and travel expenses are not included.
A tuition deposit of $7,100 is required to secure a spot in the Class of 2019 and is due upon acceptance to the program.
Experienced managers who can benefit from unlocking the potential of big data. Participants come from a broad range of sectors: financial services, communications, consulting, health and pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, energy, nonprofit/NGO, education, IT, etc.
The Master of Science in Business Analytics Program is designed with busy working professionals in mind.
Participants live and work in their home countries and attend five concentrated, rigorous modules in New York and 2 rotating global locations.
The Masters of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) at UCLA Anderson is a 13-month program which features both on-campus and hybrid components and a highly quantitative curriculum of study. Ground breaking data analysis requires a thorough understanding; not only of the fundamentals of mathematics, computer science, information technology and management, but an understanding of the ways these topics converge. The UCLA Anderson MSBA program will train the data scientists of tomorrow by exposing them to the cutting edge techniques, technology, coursework and real-world experience necessary to succeed in a career in Business Analytics. The program combines online, classroom and real-world experience in 13 months of intense study that prepares students for employment at graduation. The first Fall quarter is online and focuses on quantitative fundamentals and programming. The following Winter and Spring quarters explore business fundamentals for analytics, data management, prescriptive models and customer and operations analytics as well as industry seminars. Following a summer internship, the final Fall quarter centers on a real-world capstone project and elective courses in students’ industries of choice.
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
* GPA of 3.0+ (on 4.0 scale)
* GMAT: 710 expected overall (above 90%)
* GRE: Quantitative Score of 167 (above 92%)
* Strong quantitative background
* English language proficiency
* Experience or coursework in computer programming
Babson’s part-time Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) program, featuring a flexible blend of face-to-face and online sessions, is designed to prepare you to be the bridge between data and action. In as little as 18 months, you’ll learn the latest tools and analytic methods needed to interpret your organization’s data, but, more importantly, you’ll develop collaboration and communication skills to help you effectively convey the value of that information.
Unlike other graduate analytics programs, Babson’s MSBA’s curriculum goes beyond IT and statistics, taking an interdisciplinary approach that ensures you’ll develop critical technical knowledge while learning how to apply your expertise to creatively solve broader business and social problems. Plus, you and your fellow students will reinforce what you learn in the classroom through a real-world consulting project for an outside organization. Students choose from a variety of analytic elective courses to suit your professional interests, including Digital Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Private Data Security, and many more.
This graduate program welcomes both business and nonbusiness majors with at least three years of work experience and an educational or practical foundation in a quantitative or technical field. The program is targeted at working professionals, people who are three to 10 years into their career and who have a demonstrated educational or practical foundation in quantitative or technical fields.
Program Length: 18 – 24 months, part-time. Program has rolling admissions. A GMAT or GRE score is required from all applicants. There is one essay. Applicants must also have an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or above. All applicants must be interviewed, as well.
The Master of Science in Analytics program at Northwestern University’s McCormick School of Engineering teaches students the skills that drive business success in today’s hyper-competitive, data-driven world.
Drawing on the expertise of renowned professors and lecturers from major corporations, we combine mathematical and statistical studies with instruction in advanced information technology and data management. Students are immersed in a comprehensive and applied curriculum as they learn to:
- Identify patterns and trends
- Derive optimized recommendations evaluated through simulations
- Interpret and gain insight from vast quantities of structured and unstructured data
- Communicate their findings in practical and useful terms that help businesses succeed
Supplemented by an internship and industry-supplied projects, graduates will be exceptionally well equipped to harness and communicate the full value of data to the organizations they serve.
|Degree Name||Master of Science in Analytics|
|Duration||15 months, full-time, on campus|
|Course Structure||4 core courses per quarter, accompanied by industry projects|
|Class Size||Approximately 35 students per cohort|
|Cost||Tuition and funding information|
|Application opens||September 1|
|Application deadline||January 15|
- A minimum of 3.0 Grade Point Average on a 4.0 scale in undergraduate work
- Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate education attempted
- $75 application fee payable in US funds
- Three letters of recommendation that attest to the candidate’s work performance and management potential
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for international applicants who have not had English as their primary language of instruction
- Unofficial GMAT or GRE scores
- Candidate Video (optional)
The Master of Science in Business Analytics trains students to create business strategies using data and statistics.
Professionals in this rapidly expanding field use algorithms and formulas to uncover patterns and trends in aggregate data, then apply that knowledge to real-world business problems. The Financial Engineer recently rated this program #24 in the U.S.
The degree is open to students with strong quantitative and analytical skills, regardless of their undergraduate major. The program includes a large number of courses involving statistical analysis.
All courses in the program are offered on campus; a few are also occasionally available on-line. You may enroll on a full- or part-time basis, but course availability is greatest during the fall and winter semesters. The program usually can be completed within 12 months of full-time study.
Admission is rolling, and you may begin the program in September or January. May admission is also usually possible for part-time students.
University of Michigan-Dearborn students who have been admitted to the MS-Business Analytics may take up to 6 graduate credits during the final semester of their undergraduate program.
To be considered for admission, you must have successfully completed the following:
- The equivalent of a four-year US bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- A grade of “C” or better in an undergraduate course in college algebra, trigonometry, finite math, pre-calculus, or calculus
- GMAT or GRE test within the previous 5 years
MS applicants may request an exemption from the GMAT or GRE if they meet any of the following conditions. We reserve the right to require the GMAT or GRE of any MS applicant.
- Have completed an undergraduate degree from an AACSB or ABET accredited program within the previous 5 years with a 3.2 GPA.
- Have previously earned a graduate degree in a field requiring significant analytical or quantitative work, such as business, economics, engineering, statistics, mathematics, physics, chemistry or biology.
- Have earned any of the following certifications: CAS, CFA, CFM, CPA, FRM, SOA, or have passed a state bar exam.
If you have taken the GMAT or GRE within the previous 5 years, we will consider your test scores regardless of whether you qualify to receive the test exemption.
The program is designed to be completed in one calendar year from January to December. Each semester, the highly experiential program offers students the opportunity to work on data sets arranged with corporate and faculty support. It is also a full-time, fixed curriculum, cohort based program to help ensure a solid team focused program.
The curriculum includes courses in business strategy, data mining, applied statistics, project management, marketing technologies, and communications taught by leading MSU faculty.
Admission to the MS in Business Analytics is based on academic and professional background, as well as potential for a successful career in analytics. Each applicant is evaluated on the basis of these criteria and in relation to the current applicant group. Academic background in engineering, computer science, mathematics, economics, science and business are recommended for those interested in the MS in Business Analytics program. Each year we target a class size of 30-35 students.
To be considered for admission, applicants are expected to have:
1. A completed bachelor’s degree from a recognized educational institution.
2. A working knowledge of personal computers, including word processing, spreadsheets, networking and data-base management systems.
3. Knowledge of programming languages such as C, C++, Python, Java, HTML, as well as experience in using statistical packages, and use of statistical software programs.
4. Strong scores on the GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test). The MS in Business Analytics GMAT code is QHO-5P-59. The GRE (Graduate Record Exam, university code 1465) may be accepted as an alternate to the GMAT. Waivers are not granted on GMAT/GRE requirement.
NEW FOR MSU STUDENTS: We now waive the GMAT/GRE requirement for Michigan State University graduates with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher.
5. A relatively recent laptop computer with Microsoft Office (No more than 2 years old).
This concentration is a fully Hybrid-Online version of the traditional Master of Business & Science (MBS) degree with a concentration in Analytics. Classes will be hybrid-online courses. Students are expected to complete the program in about 2 years (see schedule below). There is a 1-week on-campus meeting every year. See below for information and application instructions.
The Master’s of Business and Sciences degree in Analytics prepares students for data-driven decision making. It brings together fields of data management, computer science, statistics, machine learning and data mining. Students will obtain a variety of skills including the ability to analyze large datasets, to develop modeling solutions to support decision making and a good understanding of how data analysis drives business decision making. The curriculum integrates science courses in analytics/data science with courses in business.
The program starts in the Spring semester and completes in about 2 years.
A bachelor’s degree in any major with a GPA of at least 3.0 (a B average) and the GRE (see also the admission requirement for the MBS). Students must have at least 1 year of calculus (2 semesters and can be taken anywhere). Those without computing or statistics undergraduate courses may need to take introductory courses which can count towards the degree.
- A bachelors degree with a science/math/engr major from an accredited university, and a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Official Transcripts (Scanned copies WILL NOT be accepted. Transcripts must be sealed and sent to the graduate admissions office at the time of applying. *All international students MUST have their entire transcripts translated and evaluated by WES (other accredited companies may be used – no exceptions on evaluations.)
- GRE exam
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Personal statement.
The Business Intelligence & Analytics Master’s Degree program provides the analytical and professional skills necessary to take advantage of this data, to move organizations from the traditional mode of intuition-based decision-making to fact-based decision-making.
The curriculum covers the concepts and tools at the forefront of the Big Data revolution: database management, data warehousing, data and text mining, social network analytics, optimization, risk analytics, and technologies such as Hadoop and data stream analytics. Upon earning their degrees, students will have completed a capstone course requiring them to work on a major project, using real data, under the guidance of an industry mentor. Coursework also emphasizes training in traditional business skills, such as oral and written communication skills, analytical thinking, and ethical reasoning.
Admission to this program is highly selective, and at least one year of work experience is preferred in order to keep classroom discussing moving at a brisk pace. However, applicants are not required to have experience, and can enroll in the program immediately after completing a bachelor’s degree.
To be considered, students must include the following with their applications:
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Official transcript from each academic institution attended.
- Official conferment of your bachelor’s degree, with a B average, in science, mathematics, computer science, engineering or a related field.
- One year of calculus.
- Once course covering basic probability, hypothesis testing and estimation.
- An up-to-date résumé.
- Competitive GMAT or GRE score.
- Competitive TOEFL score (international students only).
You will have a broad and in-depth training in the analysis of big data, including statistical modeling, data management, visualization, information security, optimization, and decision-making under uncertainty. You will also learn how to present complex data effectively. These are highly marketable skills that will have significant impact on business organizations. The program is designed for both full-time and part-time students. Full-time students can earn their degrees in 18 months (taking more courses per semester, by exceptional students, can expedite the program completion to two semesters) and be ready for an exciting career in business analytics. Part-timers can take one course per semester, and complete their degrees while they are working.
Students in the program acquire a broad and in-depth training in all areas related to business analytics and big data analysis, including statistical modeling, data management, visualization, information security, optimization, and decision-making under uncertainty. Students will learn programming tools necessary to analyze large and unstructured datasets, translate the analysis into decisions that will improve business performance, and effectively present complex data to high-level decision-makers. In addition to methodological training, the students will discover applications of business analytics across a wide range of industries and functions, including marketing, finance, operations management, retail, manufacturing, banking and health care.
To Qualify for Admission to the Program:
Applicants must have earned the equivalent of a 4-year U.S. bachelor’s degree with a competitive GPA.
A few years of work experience is preferred, but not required.
GMAT or GRE scores are required.
For International students who did not spend 4 years completing a 4-year bachelor’s degree at an American, British, Canadian or Australian college or university, proof of proficiency in English is required for admission. TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores are required. For the TOEFL we require a 100 or higher with each band score above 20 is required for admissions. Also, for the IELTS a score of 6.5 with no band score less than 6 is required.
GMAT or PTE scores must be issued directly to USC by the GMAT testing service using the Marshall MBA school code – 389-9C-23. Scores must be from tests taken within the last five years.
GRE and TOEFL test scores must be sent by the Educational Testing Service directly to USC school code 4852.
IELTS (optional): Choose USC from the list of institutions.
The W. P. Carey MS‑BA is designed for recent college graduates with a strong quantitative background. Previous work experience is not required. The program starts in August, with an on-campus orientation required before the beginning of the first semester. Classes are held weekdays on ASU’s Tempe campus. In this 9-month program you’ll learn to derive value from data and modeling, lead data-driven analyses, and create a critical business advantage.
To complete the ASU online application, you will need to provide the following information:
- Personal info — contact details, birth date, citizenship, Social Security number
- Current resume and essay question responses
- Recommender(s) contact information: name, affiliation, and work email address of an individual who can answer questions about your personal qualities, professional success, career aspirations, and ability to perform in a graduate program
- Application fee — $70 domestic students; $90 international students
Applications will not be processed until the fee is received and fees are non-refundable.
In less than two years, by completing the MIM+MBD Dual Degree, you can proactively position yourself in the job market by combining the critical skills of general management with the ability to extract relevant insights from data by using advanced analytics and cutting-edge technologies. You will not only drive decision-making and performance improvements across organizations, but will act as the catalyst for growth within your company.
- Format: Full-time, 18 months
- First year: Master in Management, February – August
- Second year: Master in Business Analytics and Big Data, October-July
- Language: English/Bilingual*
- Age Range: 21-25
- Avg. Prof. Experience: 1 year
* A bilingual option is possible by completing the Master in Management program in Spanish.
Students receive both degrees in only 17 months and start the Core of their Master in Management program in February before completing the dual degree with the entire Master in Business Analytics and Big Data; both programs take place on IE´s campus in Madrid.There are some overlapping courses in the Master in Management and Master in Business Analytics and Big Data, students will be exempt from taking these courses again during the Master in Business Analytics and Big Data*. However, they also have the option of retaking these courses if they wish to improve their grades.
* The student will receive both the Master in Mangement and the Master in Business Analytics and Big Data degrees upon completing the two programs.
To be eligible for the Master in Management + Master in Business Analytics and Big Data, candidates need to meet the following requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree at an accredited college/university or equivalent
- A maximum work experience between 0 to 18 months
The online application form can be found and completed in English at www.ie.edu/app.
Please keep in mind that IE offers a rolling admissions process. As such, there are no submission deadlines for any particular intake. However, it is highly recommended to present an application approximately one year prior to program commencement, as seats fill up far prior to the program start. It will take roughly 3 weeks for the Admissions Committee to review a file and provide initial feedback.
Entrance Exam Options:
- IE Global Admissions Test (ieGAT)
- GMAT (GMAT reporting code 6XT-ZH-93)
Language certificate options for non-native speakers:
- TOEFL ibt 100 (Reporting Code: 0707)
- Pearson PTE Academic 73
- IELTS 7.0
- Cambridge CAE or CPE
- OR (for the Master in Management in Spanish)
- DELE (C1)
- DIE (C1)
- Cámara de Comercio de Madrid
- A one-page CV
- Two recommendation letters
- Original undergraduate university transcripts and diploma or expected grades if the degree has not been completed
- Copies of other relevant degrees, certificates or accreditations (as applicable)
- Copy of current passport
- 1 passport-size photo
- Application fee of €125
Duration: 1 year full-time
Start date: September 2017
The MSc in Business Analytics prepares recent graduates and early career professionals to understand the context, importance and relevance of big data problems facing a business and how to solve them using a variety of statistical, operation research and machine learning techniques.
Combining academic rigour and practical relevance, students will learn from leading practitioners and a world class faculty how to apply the latest academic thinking and analytical and computing tools to help make business decisions. There will be a careful balance of teaching, hands-on coursework and training in data analysis and business intelligence tools, plus regular seminars by external expert speakers.
For the academic requirements for this course please see the Imperial College Business School website.
We accept a wide variety of international qualifications. Please see the Business School’s International Entry Requirements for guidance.
English language requirements
All candidates must demonstrate a minimum level of English language proficiency for admission to the College.
For admission to this course, you must achieve the higher College requirement in the appropriate English language qualification.
For details of the minimum grades required to achieve this requirement, please see the English language requirements for postgraduate applicants.
All applicants must apply online.
You can usually apply for up to two courses, although your second choice will only be considered if your first-choice application is unsuccessful.
Most courses don’t have a formal closing date, but popular courses close when they are full, so you should apply early to avoid disappointment. There may also be funding deadlines that apply to you.
You will need to upload documents with your applications, which may include transcripts and degree certificates.
Offer holders will need to pay a deposit to secure your place. This will be deducted from the balance of your tuition fees.
For full details on the online application process, or to start your application, please visit the How to Apply section of our website.
In this program you learn how to gain insights from large data sets through the use of statistical methods, optimisation techniques and predictive models, and apply these to business problems. You’ll gain an understanding of the role of business analytics within an organisation, improve your business acumen and communication skills, and get some commercial research experience for your CV through your project and dissertation.
You will study four compulsory modules to give you an overview of key business areas, and take four optional modules of your choice available through various study routes on this one-year course. Please note that availability and delivery modes may vary. Assessment is usually a mix of exams and coursework. Your project and dissertation will either be as a consultant to an organisation or as applied research.
You must have, or be expecting to obtain an upper second class honours at Undergraduate level in a relevant subject. We consider applications from a wide range of degrees including economics, business, engineering, psychology, geography, sociology, and politics. The course requires strong numeracy and IT statistical ability.
GMAT & GRE
We do not automatically require a GMAT or GRE score but may request one to verify specific competencies.
English not your first language?
If English is not your first language, you must meet a minimum overall standard in a recognised test of English, examples are shown below. You must show a good balance across all sections of the test and it must have been taken within two years of starting the course. We will require your certificates as evidence.
Educated in the English language?
If you are a non-native speaker of English but have been educated entirely in English for your degree, and completed this within the last two years, this may satisfy the University of your language skills. For further information, please see the University’s page for English language requirements.
We do not offer a pre-sessional English class as an alternative to achieving these scores. Any pre-sessional course should be viewed as a way of settling into living and studying in the UK and not as a way of boosting your score.
The Grande Ecole program is designed for high potential students from all backgrounds with little or no professional experience, driven to become influential leaders in tomorrow’s world.
Average age: 23
Average GMAT: 715
The program consists of:
- in M1: mandatory foundation courses in general management, electives and a managerial behavior seminar
- in M2: a specialization, an optional certificate and an in-depth research paper.
Between M1 and M2, students have the opportunity to take a gap year.
In M2, students have access to a wide range of specializations, which then determine the Master’s degree that the student will finally receive:
- Master in Management: Strategy, Finance, Marketing, Financial Economics, Economics, Entrepreneurship, etc.
- Master in Public Affairs: Public Policy, International Relations, Diplomacy
- Master in Business Law
- Master in Sustainability and Social Innovation
- Master in Journalism (taught in French only)
- Master in Media, Arts & Creation (taught in French only)
- Master in Cognitive Sciences (with ENS Ulm)
The HEC Master in Management/Grande Ecole Program (MiM) is open to high-level applicants with little or no professional experience, of all nationalities who:
- Hold a bachelor degree of at least three years having obtained 180 ECTS in any field of studies (engineering, social sciences, sciences, arts, etc.). Applicants may apply in the same year they obtain their degree.
- Are not older than 30 during the application year.
French language proficiency is not an admission criterion.
Candidates have two application options for the next academic year (September 2017). Students must choose one option only, i.e. if you apply directly to HEC, you cannot apply through the SAI (and vice versa).
If an application is submitted both through the SAI and through HEC directly, only the first validated application shall be processed for the September 2017 intake.
- Degree certificate(s) or current certificate of enrolment
- A one-page résumé (CV)
- All official up-to-date academic transcripts (exchange programs included) and official GPA
- GMAT or GRE or TAGE MAGE official test score report (only one test is authorized)
- English language proficiency test score report (TOEFL or TOEIC or IELTS or Cambridge)
- Copy of Passport or ID card
- 2 letters of recommendation (online form submitted through your applicant space)
- Passport-style photo in .jpg or .jpeg format only. Sized such that only the head and shoulders are viewable and taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance.
The Melbourne Business School Master of Business Analytics gives you the skills and knowledge to become stand-out data scientists—expert in not just maths and information systems but able to approach analytics with the strategic perspective of the business mind.
This advanced, one-year, full-time degree focuses on quantitative methods and the role of data in decision-making. You will learn how data can drive decision-making through statistical and quantitative analysis, explanatory and predictive modelling and fact-based management.
We bring together experts from computer science, statistics, mathematics and business management to provide an integrated program. You will learn to use as SAS, R, Python, Tableau and other tools. After completing the program, you will receive a Certificate in Business Analytics from SAS in recognition of your skill in using its world-leading analytics software.
Class size 63
Average age 26
Male 49% Female 51%
44% had work experience – Average work experience 4.5 years
56% had no work experience
To apply, you will need to provide:
- A CV
- Academic transcript
- Evidence of citizenship or residency
- An excellent command of English* (copy of IELTS or TOEFL score where required).
- Your undergraduate degree should be from a recognised institution with a minimum GPA of 65 per cent.
- Demonstrated academic success in quantitative subjects and a natural talent and passion for working with data – typically, your undergraduate degree will be Mathematics; Computer Science; Information Systems; Engineering; Physics; Finance or Economics; Science; Statistics.
- Ideally, you will have completed a sequence of two or three undergraduate or graduate statistics courses that include probability theory and regression analysis, although demonstrated mathematical preparation and quantitative aptitude may be considered sufficient in some cases.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in an interview.
The Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) is an intensive programme that can be studied both on a full-time or a part-time basis. The programme is aimed at recent graduates and industry practitioners specializing in engineering, computing, science, mathematics, statistics, business or economics. The programme is conducted entirely in Singapore. The program has one intake in August.
Participants are required to complete 5 essential modules. The 5 essential modules build a cross-disciplinary foundation for Business Analytics. It enables participants to engage in rigorous study beyond the assumed disciplinary borders. This covers the interface between computer science, statistics, and other professional disciplines in the NUS Education framework. Students are expected to have knowledge of first-year of undergraduate mathematics, specifically in calculus and linear algebra. Programming knowledge is not necessary, but preferred.
The essential modules are:
This module introduces participants to the complete cycle of statistical analysis in business applications. Case studies are used throughout the programme for participants to appreciate the applications of various statistics techniques in tackling problems faced in real life situations.
- Deterministic Operations Research
In this module, deterministic operations research (OR) models relevant to business decision-making will be covered. The emphasis is on model building, solution methods, and interpretation of results.
- Analytics in Managerial Economics
In this module, participants will be looking at price formation and economic performance in imperfectly competitive markets, as well as game theory, information economics, and empirical modeling.
- Decision Making Technologies
Participants in this module will be looking at neural networks for classification, regression, clustering, genetic algorithm for optimization, decision tree methods, the support vector machine, and data mining.
- Data Management and Warehousing
Participants will engage in understanding database concept, design, and query as well as data warehousing concept, design and query.
Either a GRE test or a GMAT test is required for admission, except for graduates from local universities – NUS, NTU, SMU and SUTD – with degrees in Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computing, Business or Economics. All credentials are weighted and every applicant is summarized by a number and then ranked, so there is no minimum cut-off for any component. Strong quantitative analysis ability (as evidenced by either a superior GRE / GMAT quantitative section score or good grades in mathematics modules taken in the above-listed local universities) will be emphasized.
TOEFL/IELTS scores are not required.
The MAM combines London Business School’s superb reputation and world-class faculty in general management with cutting-edge data analytics. Future-proof yourself. Bridge the gap between data and effective business solutions.
MAM students are numerate, ambitious individuals in the early stages of their career. With a keen interest in data analytics, you’ll develop programming and technical ability, sound business acumen and a robust toolkit of soft skills to help you advance your career.
Showcasing a strong understanding of business fundamentals, graduates from MAM are likely to excel in a Business or Data Analyst role. You’ll have the potential to work across a wide range of sectors and the skills to take on broader business strategy responsibilities. So whether your interest is in consulting, technology, finance, retail or healthcare, you’ll secure the relevant competencies to kick-start you career and progress to higher, value-added roles.
MAM students must have a strong degree in a quantitative subject such as Engineering, Maths and Sciences, Computing, Economics, Accounting, Finance or Business and Management. Alternatively, you should be able to demonstrate clear proof of your quantitative ability.
You may apply at any of the six application deadlines indicated in the admissions calendar. Your admissions journey is staged, but the Admissions Committee reserves the right to communicate decisions outside of these application deadlines with you. Our initial review decision will be communicated within four weeks of the staged application deadline, and in most cases you will receive a final decision within six to eight weeks of the deadline. Please note that interview and final decisions are sent on a rolling basis, and the latest final decision deadline indicates the final date by when you can expect to receive a final decision.
The same selection criteria are applied throughout the admissions cycle, but competition is often intense in the final months and we recommend you apply as early as possible. If you require a visa to study in the UK or wish to be considered for a London Business School scholarship you are strongly encouraged to apply no later than the end of April 2019.
Fees for the Masters in Analytics and Management programme starting August 2019 are £33,500.