The Oxford Executive MBA is delivered in 17 one-week modules over a total study period of 21 months starting in January each year and concluding in September of the following year. Modules start on a Monday morning and end on a Friday evening. The programme is made up of:
– Nine core modules that offer you a comprehensive understanding of modern business.
– Six to eight electives modules designed to develop your individual skills and specialisations.
– A group entrepreneurship project that will challenge you to develop and present a complete and viable business plan.
– Two core international courses and one elective delivered overseas in key global markets
Individual coaching sessions and a leadership development focus throughout.
Throughout the programme, you will have full access to Saïd Business School’s intranet which enables remote users to retrieve valuable material for core modules and project work, and access the library’s electronic resources including programme reading lists and a collection of business intelligence databases.
You will be required to attend 17 modules, two of which take place overseas.
We recommend that you apply early in the year as:
– We cannot guarantee that there will be places left by the end of the admissions process.
– If you are interested in a particular college, you are more likely to be successful if you submit your application in the earlier stages.
The application process involves a number of steps:
1. Candidates should apply online via Apply Yourself. Please note that we no longer accept paper applications.
2. Saïd Business School accepts applications on a rolling admissions basis for this programme. Please note that all applicants are required to pay a non-refundable processing fee of £150.
3. Selected applicants will then be invited to interview.
4. Interviews can be conducted either in Oxford, or we can conduct telephone interviews (our strong preference is for face-to-face interviews). All interviews are conducted by faculty who will be teaching the course, or senior administrative personnel.
5. Applicants will be notified of their results as soon as possible.
1. Significant professional experience
2. A good undergraduate degree or equivalent professional qualification
3. Your university academic transcripts outlining the subjects studied and grades obtained
4. GMAT score
5. A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Test Scheme (IELTS)
6. Two references, professional or academic (only online references can be accepted)
7. Three essays on the topics outlined in the online application form
The Cambridge Executive MBA provides a thorough overview of the principal functional areas of an organisation. We ensure participants understand the role of different business departments, are familiar with their key tools and methodologies, appreciate the way in which they operate in the wider organisational context and are fully conversant with the language and terminology they use.
Our electives provide you with the ideal opportunity to broaden your experience, focus on subjects of particular interest and tailor the programme to your needs. We consult with the class to offer electives best suited to your requirements.
International Business study trip
The trip centres around the core course of International Business and all lectures for this course are delivered during the trip.
Team Consulting Project
Our live projects reflect our belief in ‘learning by doing’. We work closely with global blue-chip companies and international organisations to ensure you tackle projects which have real impact. Many companies go on to implement the recommendations and strategies developed during these projects.
Personal & professional development
The Cambridge Executive MBA emphasises the development of ‘soft’ personal skills, such as cultural intelligence, diplomatic skills and reflexivity, which we believe are critical for effective management and leadership.
We operate a staged (rounds-based) admissions process that allows candidates to plan when to submit their application, but we are happy to consider completed applications received outside of these deadlines.
All applications must be submitted via our online application system. Please ensure that all questions including essays are completed before you submit the application. Candidates should submit their application by 23:59 UK time on the day of their chosen deadline.
Submitting your references
We require two references. One reference should come from a line manager or supervisor and the other from a team member or peer. Automated reference requests will be sent to your referees once you have input their contact details into our online application system. We will not consider your application complete until your references have been received; it is your responsibility to ensure they are received by the deadline you select
The Cambridge Executive MBA is a rigorous academic programme. We therefore need to ensure that everyone who attends the programme is of a sufficient standard to manage the intensive and demanding workload. Please read the requirements carefully as they contain important information.
If you are unsure of your suitability for the programme please feel free to submit your CV for review.
Professional experience 7 years’ full-time before commencing the programme in September
Academic achievement 1st or 2.1 or GPA of at least 3.3 or Top 25% of class
GMAT If you feel that the skills covered by the GMAT can be demonstrated elsewhere in your application then you may request a waiver (granted at the discretion of the EMBA Director) – see below
Two references A professional reference; A peer reference
English proficiency English as your native language or IELTS – 7.5 no band below 6.0 or TOEFL – 110, with no element below 25 or CAE minimum score of Grade A or CPE minimum score of Grade A, B or C.