For some merit-based scholarships we will consider all candidates from Rounds 1 and 2 and we will need to liaise with the donors, thus the very final decision on them will be communicated by end March for July Class and by early September for the December Class.
Below is the list of scholarships concerned:
- INSEAD Alexis & Anne-Marie Habib Foundation Scholarship
- INSEAD Groupe Galeries Lafayette Endowed Scholarship for Women
- INSEAD Jacques Nasser Endowed Leadership Scholarship
- INSEAD Judith Connelly Delouvrier Endowed Scholarship
- INSEAD Louis Vuitton Scholarship
- INSEAD Orange Endowed Scholarship(s) for Emerging Markets
- INSEAD Syngenta Endowed Scholarship(s) for Emerging Country Leadership
- INSEAD ifs/Henry Grunfeld Foundation Scholarship
- INSEAD L’Oreal scholarship: Applicants short listed for an award will have a phone/Skype interview with the L’Oreal representative.
- INSEAD Olam International MBA Scholarships for Change Catalysts in African Markets
Round 3 Specific Information
20% of scholarship funds will be reserved for Round 3 candidates. The following scholarships will be available:
- Diversity scholarships: many of the scholarships in this category will be kept aside for Round 3 applicants.
- Louis Franck Scholarship: candidates from the UK
- INSEAD ifs/Henry Grunfeld Foundation Scholarship: UK candidates interested in investment banking
- INSEAD Belgian Alumni and Council Scholarship
Financial Aid Rules and Instructions
- Scholarship applications should be submitted at the interview stage of the admission process.
- We encourage you to limit your applications to a maximum of 5 scholarships.
- Scholarship awards are deducted from the last instalment of your tuition fees.
Candidates in the first three rounds will apply for financial aid at interview stage. Round 4 candidates will not have access to scholarship applications. However, funds will be reserved to offer a number of merit scholarship awards upon admission. Awards will be based on the quality of the MBA application. They do not require an application and everybody will be considered. If you do not receive an e-mail within one week from admission, this would unfortunately mean that you have not been selected.
Waitlisted candidates are encouraged to apply for scholarships within the deadlines indicated above. Your scholarship applications will be reviewed while you are still on the waitlist. Financial aid decisions for the wait-listed candidates will be communicated upon admission.
If you are awarded an INSEAD scholarship and also receive a full tuition external or national award, we will automatically withdraw your INSEAD award which will be reallocated to another deserving candidate in yours or a future intake. Partial tuition awards from external sources will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Submitting Your Applications
To access the scholarship application form on-line, you will first need to register (important : your name should be indicated exactly as on your admission application).
Upon registering, you will receive your personal login ID and password to navigate through the scholarship website. You will first need to answer all the profile questions (personal contact details, educational and professional information). This will serve as a background for all applications. Thereafter, you will have the option to apply for different scholarships.
Throughout the period that the on-line application is available, you can modify or withdraw your scholarship applications as you please. You can track the status of your on-line application with the help of your scholarship login ID and password. Please note that the scholarship portal is not part of the platform for the admitted candidates and therefore you will need to register for it separately.
All scholarships have specific eligibility criteria based on a combination of merit and financial need. Candidates will be judged on the quality of their scholarship essays and the degree to which they meet the eligibility criteria. As a part of the merit criteria, the Committee will consider the academic and professional achievements and merit distinctions received. Please note that neither admissions essays nor GMAT results will be considered as part of the scholarship review process.
Company sponsorships are considered as external financial aid. We discourage candidates who are sponsored from applying for INSEAD scholarships. Our scholarship offering is designed primarily for those with fewer resources.
The INSEAD Diversity Scholarships category channels applications for a number of scholarships that will be granted based on need and merit. Need-based awards will be offered to those who demonstrate and prove significant difficulty in raising sufficient finances for the INSEAD MBA Programme and may be limited in accessing loans. Priority will be given to candidates with a marked socio-economic disadvantage.
Merit-based awards will address talented individuals who will contribute to the breadth of diversity on the MBA Programme. The background, work experience and personal profiles of such bright and dynamic individuals will bring unique diversity to INSEAD. These candidates will also display their current and/or potential contribution to the region they come from. Please note that a number of supporting documents will be required for the Diversity scholarship.
List of documents required:
- Proof of salary (latest salary slip or a letter from your employer);
- Bank statements for the last three months that will reflect your checking and savings accounts. On-line overview is accepted.
- If you have extenuating/exceptional circumstances in the past year (supporting dependents’ education, medical care, bankruptcy, etc.), provide relevant documentation.
Copies can be sent by e-mail: [email protected]
You will find further information regarding supporting documents listed under the Diversity scholarship description.
Scholarships That Do Not Require an Application
The INSEAD Louis and Evelyn Franck Endowed Award for Excellence scholarship and Weston Scholarship for the UK candidates do not require an application and all admitted candidates in each round will be considered based on the merit of the admission application. Successful candidates will receive the notification on this award approximately one week after admission. If you do not receive an e-mail within that time frame please consider that you have not been selected.
Scholarships by country
CAN I BE AWARDED MORE THAN ONE INSEAD SCHOLARSHIP?
Yes, you may be awarded up to two INSEAD scholarships. However, we encourage you to limit the number of scholarship applications to a maximum of five.
DOES INSEAD OFFER STUDENTS LOANS?
All admitted MBA students are eligible to apply for an International Loan Programme from Prodigy Finance, a loan programme funded by INSEAD and other top business school alumni. For more details, visit www.prodigyfinance.com.