When applying to Krannert Weekend MBA, A link for the required online (KIRA) video essay section is provided in the application portal once your application is submitted. Your application will not be reviewed until KIRA and all other sections are complete, so plan to finalize all requirements prior to your preferred application deadline listed at the top of this page. KIRA does not take the place of an admissions interview.
In the process of completing the Krannert School of Management graduate application, you will respond to 3 to 5 video essay questions. The questions vary for each program and are developed to assess core competencies that align with your specific program. The video essays are used by the Admissions Committee to identify business school competencies that we believe are key to building a diverse and strong cohort. You will be asked questions that will give us insight into your position on the following topics:
- Leadership Potential
Just as many other business schools, we find these are some of the key skills that highly qualified candidates share. Additionally, we feel we get to know each candidate a little better as a result of the essays and gain insight that simply cannot be viewed on a written application.
Please talk to your recruiter prior to submitting your essays if you would like some guidance on how to best prepare.
- What makes a group successful?
- How to lead a dysfunctional group?
- What is one thing you would change about modern business strategy?
- How will your past experiences help in a rigorous MBA?
- What are the skills of a good problem solver?
- Tell us about a time when you faced a problem that you were unable to solve. What made it so difficult?
- Tell us about a time when suggested a creative solution to a problem at the workplace or in the classroom. What was the outcome?
- Speak about the last time you led a team. What was your approach to leadership?
- How do you see developing countries growing in the next 10 years? What impact will they have on global economy?