The Global Executive MBA program at The University of Washington Foster School of Business is a one-year MBA program for individuals who have strong international experience and a drive to make a difference in their organizations. The program’s start date is June, and it attracts diverse business professionals with significant global management experience. Each GEMBA cohort is typically 80% international students. Participants expand their knowledge and organizational leadership skills to solve complex business problems and develop as future executives.
GEMBA students have access to all University of Washington resources. There are over 684 student clubs and associations on campus. UW has 35 libraries on campus. The Foster School also collaborates closely with other schools and units and would be able to help make connections across campus. Students have access to joint career services for resources with advisers and connections. We provide career coaching and guidance in seeking positions.
Compared to a traditional two-year MBA program, the students of the one-year GEMBA program tend to be more experienced and have more diverse international background. Also, with GEMBA, the focus is on career advancement and enhancement rather than career change.
Compared to the traditional EMBA program, although the GEMBA students have a similar level of work experience, they take a full-year sabbatical from their jobs to focus on completing the program as a full-time student instead of working full-time and going to school part-time as traditional EMBA students do.
- A curriculum optimized for global participants
- Accelerated pace for one-year completion
- Engaging ways to learn: in-class lectures, case studies, interactive classroom experiences, executive speakers, visits to area companies
- Advanced courses cover numerous topics including global strategy, cross-cultural communications, finance, leadership, operations, and management
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for admission to the Global Executive MBA program:
- Degree Requirement
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (Applicants must have a minimum TOEFL score of 92 iBT)
- Official Transcripts
- GMAT/GRE is optional, but we encourage applicants to submit their score(s).
- Statement of Financial Ability
- Employer Letter of Support
- Letter of Recommendation
- Average age: 37
- Average experience: 12 years
- Top countries of origin: Korea, Japan, China
Program website: https://foster.uw.edu/academics/degree-programs/global-executive-mba/
ARINGO consultants have experience with helping candidates apply to the Foster GEMBA program. Contact us today!